Saturday, February 8, 2014

myOatmeal.com Review #2

Hey guys! Just a quick review of the PB&J oatmeal I told you about last time. I've been ridiculously busy and haven't had much time to blog lately but I'm banging things out on my laptop right now so here's a quickie:

For this flavour I ordered the ingredients that come in myOatmeal.com's regular PB&J oatmeal, minus the sugar. Again, due to the added ingredients it was still higher in carbs (via sugar) than plain oats but it wasn't too bad. I found that it didn't need any extra sweetener anyway but maybe that's just me and my boring clean eater's taste buds LOL. I measured out 50 grams of the oats (about 30 carbs worth & just shy of 1/2 cup) and added 1/4 cup of egg whites, hot water, and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries to round out this delicious breakfast this morning. Here's a pic of the concoction:


All-in-all I'd give this flavor a 5/5 stars. My only recomendation would again be that www.myOatmeal.com start offering a protein add-on so that I didn't have to add-in my own whey or egg whites to make it fit my macros better. Flavored whey like peanut butter whey for this variety or banana whey for the dirty banana variety I reviewed last time would not only be a great idea but also eliminate the need to add the custom flavors (which I don't really taste anyway).

So, I definitely still recommend you all give this company a try if you are an oatmeal lover like myself. You can literally create any flavor of your dreams and have it shipped right to your house. No excuse not to eat clean these days! Happy eating everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment