Thursday, April 17, 2014

How I Take My Coffee

How do I take my coffee? Seriously. Very, very seriously. I honestly live off the stuff these days. I used to stick to a 2-cup a day maximum but lately thanks to my ongoing carb-cycling plus it being peak week and being calorie deprived all-around, I'm probably up to around 4 cups a day at least. I don't know that it's necessarily unhealthy but my bet is it will take a toll on my body over time so hopefully as I ease back onto a more carb-inclusive diet plan next week my need for PM coffee jolts diminishes! At least with all the Dunkin' Donuts coupons I got in the mail last week and the always 99 cents coffee at Cumberland Farms it hasn't taken a toll on my budget LOL!

I'm sitting here at home (a Cumby's iced by my side) having taken the day off to take care of final errands and prep for the big day on Saturday, reflecting on the past few days. Aside from being exhausted and hungry this has actually been the easiest peak week yet in that I haven't had to cheat on my diet plan and made it through all of my scheduled workouts (thanks to more coffee LOL). I survived the first three days of carb-depletion and am starting to increase them today with a nice load planned for tomorrow night. Bring on the sweet potatoes and bananas! I'm going to go to bed one happy camper tomorrow night! 

This morning I got up early so as to get in one last fake-n-bake, cardio sesh, and posing practice while the gym studio was available. I'm feeling very confident about my posing and walk right now but I started to worry when I was overcome with dizziness while practicing my walk. Maybe it was just a result of the past 3 days of carb-depletion but I'm freaked-out that I'm going to wake up sick just in time for show-day thanks to all the disgusting, unhealthy people who came to work this week. I pounded an Airborne when I got home and other than finalizing my packing and food prep for the weekend have spent the rest of the day resting on the couch. I feel decent now so let's just pray it stays that way! My final weigh-in this morning had me in at 4.5 lbs higher than I was at the Yankee last year and I'm not upset about it because I am pretty sure it's added muscle. Here's a collage I made this morning after taking a few final progress pics:

Lookin' pretty shredded if I do say so :P Tomorrow morning I'll get up, take the pup to the kennel, and head south for my midday tan appointment, show registration, and polygraph appointment before settling-in at my Aunt's house for the evening. I'm so excited to be getting on stage again. I really think that attending the Pine Tree last weekend is partially to thank for such a successful peak week. I am scared about not standing out enough in the massive classes I am anticipating but I know I'll be bringing my best and that's all I can do. As of yesterday there were already 180 competitors signed-up and I'm guessing most of them are bikini. Yikes! There are three classes for both Novice and Open so I'm thinking there's gotta be between 20-30 girls per class. Oh my. Deep breathe LOL! Knowing it will be an incredibly long day I packed myself a bottled Starbucks iced coffee for the afternoon and have plenty of dried fruit, rice cakes, and almond butter to keep my belly carb and caffeine-loaded between prejudging and the night show. I know quite a few girls doing it so it should be nice to catch-up with everyone backstage as well. 

Anyway, I just thought I'd take a minute to knock-out a last-minute pre-stage blog post while I had the time so that's all for now. As excited as I am to hit the stage, I am SOOOO ready to be cardio-free and able to load-up my belly with fresh fruit for a while! It's the simple things that make me happy :) Well, hopefully I'll have some good news to share in my next post. Good luck to all the competitors and here's to a fun weekend ahead! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment