Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chocolate Melt-Off

Melting off all of the Valentine's Day chocolate I ate last night that is! Ahhh totally my favourite holiday! Skipped the gym yesterday and instead went for a post-work outdoor run with a special someone. Attempting to run outside in near freezing temperatures was probably not the best idea I ever had. I felt like a smoker must feel, my lungs were struggling so hard to fill with air. I did feel really good afterward though. I figure if I can manage a run in this weather I am looking pretty good for Springtime!

Today I had a fairly non-eventful but good nonetheless bi's & tri's workout at World's. I started out with a light 15 minute elipitcal warmup. My shins are super sore from yesterday's run, probably due to a lack of stretching, so I may have to take it easy on them over the next couple of days. I certainly don't want to get shin splints again! Today's weight sesh was pretty run-of-the-mill. I didn't want to do anything overly strenuous on my legs so I toned down the stability aspect. I started with 3 sets of 8 bicep curls standing on the bosu ball, then moved on to 3 sets of 8 weighted tricep bench dips. Then I did 3 sets of 8 hammer curls on the bosu ball and lastly, 3 sets of 8 tricep extensions on the cables.

For abs I opted for 3 sets of 8 push-ups with my feet on a stability ball and then 3 sets of "air crunches" where I did a sets of 16, then 14, then 12. These were extra hard today so the reduction in reps seemed to keep me going mentally haha. I ended with some good stretching on the mats but I could have probably used a good rollout as well! I'm not sure what's on the agenda tomorrow, maybe shoulders, but I have Friday off so I'm thinking a good morning spin sesh is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment