Monday, February 6, 2012

First Monday

It's the first Monday of the month and I actually remembered not to go to Planet! As a result, I had an amazing workout at World's today. It was overly crowded, even for a Monday this time of year, but I was so focused on the stellar play list I had going that there could have been no one else in the gym and I wouldn't have known the difference. I tried a new one today which was called something like "Hard Rock Workout". It was basically a lot of popular alternative rock / heavy metal set to a good heart-pumping beat. A lot of screaming and much harder than I usually listen to but anger seems to fuel my workouts so I think I'll keep it set on this one for a while!

I've been sick with a lousy head cold for the past week and while I've been keeping up with my workouts they've been lacking in intensity. Yesterday I bought a spinning membership and did the 10am class. I think all that sweating helped me rid myself of some sick toxins because I felt so much better today! I started today's workout with a short 10 minute run. Running is always so difficult to get back into when I've stopped for even such a short amount of time as a week. Tomorrow is an off day but I plan to go for a longer run on Wednesday and hopefully I'm back to normal by then.

For weights today I did back and chest. I started with 3 sets of 12 standing bosu ball rows and followed these up with 3 sets of chest presses on a stability ball. Next I did 3 sets of 8 bosu ball weighted leg lifts (abs) and then 3 sets (each arm) of bent over free-weight rows. Seeing as I have a serious case of the disappearing boobs I was not going to do another chest exercise so I offset this with extra abs today. I did three sets of 16 "air crunches" next (the ones where you wrap your legs around the padded bar and bend back almost to the ground) which may just be my new favourite ab workout. Maybe its in my head but I think they are causing some major ab definition improvement just in time for my Florida trip! Lastly, I alternated 2 sets of 8 pushups with my feet on a stability ball with 2 sets of 8 teepees, kneeling on the ball in between sets.

All in all a solid hour and an half of focused training. What a great way to start off the work week! I ended with a bit of stretching but it really wasn't necessary since I had stretched so much in between sets. I'm feeling less flexible lately but I really don't want to do the same yoga class as last time with the weird face-touching teacher. I could really use a good yoga recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment