Thursday, May 30, 2013

Carb Cycles

Good Morning, gym rats! Today’s entry is coming to you from my low-carb induced coma here at the office in South Portland. Brain. Is. Not. Functioning. Today. When I got to work and realized that I only had a hazy recollection of driving here I wondered, if I got pulled over would the cop buy my carb-cycling excuse? Today is really only the third day of my carb-cut (serving-wise I’ve cut from 6 to 3 this week) but looking back at my carbs for the week in grams, I’ve been pretty low since Sunday. One more day. I can do this. It’s like a mini peak-week. I haven’t made any typical peak-week changes like eliminating certain fatty proteins like steak and salmon or bloat-causing foods like dairy or even cutting-back servings of any other food group but I am definitely dragging! It’s also interesting to note that the carb-reduction definitely hurts my muscle recovery. Today is glutes day and my legs still hurt from both Monday’s leg sesh and doing the elliptical yesterday…and not in a “I got a great burn and am in growth mode” way but rather in a “I feel over-trained and need a break” way. Anywayyyy, with two photo shoots now confirmed for this weekend it will all be worth it! Saturday afternoon is a team shoot with a professional photographer (and I don’t want any core competition LOL) and Sunday afternoon is a solo shoot for the actual app exercises that is being shot by Kingsley. With temperatures projected to be in the 80’s and the shoots taking place outside on the Eastern Promenade of Portland, it should be a great time!

As I mentioned, today is glutes day and I will push through it sore or not. This afternoon’s weather is sooo going to call for a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee run which will definitely help me push through the pain! I might even treat myself to an iced latte instead (skim of course)! Today’s workout routine will be as follows:
-DB plié squats
-Standing side & back cable kicks
-1-legged DB bosu deadlifts
-1-legged hip bridges on the dyna disk
-Quad press machine
-MB pull-over crunches on a SB (or ball throws if I can get someone to throw it for me)

It’s going to be a great burn! I’m debating getting up an hour early tomorrow and getting in my cardio pre-work so that I can join some friends after work for Happy Hour (1 drink max of course) but we’ll have to wait and see if the legs are capable of 30 mins on the step mill when I wake up! I realized yesterday that I counted wrong and this weekend is actually 7 weeks out from the Yankee rather than 6. I’m feeling more of track now than I was when I last wrote a few days ago but maybe that’s just my brain malfunctioning at the moment. Either way, my metabolism is sure to rev up this weekend after my carb-load so I wouldn’t be surprised if I started leaning out faster this time around. This sport is such a crazy game! Well, back to it here. The A/C is blasting in here as usual and we just received a rude and reasonless e-mail telling us to hand-in our COMPANY-APPROVED space heaters. Trying to remain calm and think happy thoughts before I rip someone’s head off. GYM. GYM. GYM. BEACH. SUMMER. HEAT. CARBS! J

No comments:

Post a Comment