Monday, November 4, 2013

Quest Bar Dreams

Welcome to Monday Gym Rats! It's so deceiving here in Portland today; bright and sunny through the window but absolutely frigid with a cold and bitter whipping wind as soon as you step out the door. Seriously considering a move south at this time...my body just can't take this torture anymore. Good thing I have a nice warm gym to look forward to in just a few hours!
 
Yesterday I began my November lifting plan with shoulders. I think I mentioned this in my last blog post, but this month I am following the plan that was supposedly Jay Cutler's regimen as he prepped for the Olympia this year. I really enjoyed workout #1 which incorporated several moves I had never done and a lot more delt work which is definitely a weakness for me. I'm not super sore today but I can definitely feel it in my delt / upper back area. Today is all about legs. I was debating moving legs to Tuesday because I'm still a little sore from doing legs on Saturday (I opted to hit the October legs plan one last time rather than taking an off day last week) but they aren't so sore that I am crippled and my upper body is in more need of a rest so I think I'm going to go for it. Bring on the squats, lunges and DLs!
 
This weekend was Daylight Savings and while everyone else seemed to be basking in the glory of having an extra hour of sleep, I have been unable to get a decent night's sleep for three days now! There's just so much on my mind lately job-wise/life-wise that I'm feeling overwhelmed again. Deeeeeeeeep Brreeeeaaaaaatttttth! I even broke my amazing 2-week streak and opened up the pre-workout yesterday morning. I'm thinking a major life change is in-order. Word of advice to anyone in their early 20's...do not tie yourself down with major purchases and responsibilites unless you are 100% sure you will want them at least 5 years in the future. Life would be a lot simpler if I could just pack my bags and skedaddle without a care in the world!
 
Anyway, as usual I'm writing my latest update with prying eyes on my computer screen so I'm cutting it short. Plus, it's almost time for  my afternoon Quest Bar and today I have my new favourite flavour, Double Chocolate Chunk. This one is so phenominal is tastes seriously bad-for-you. The other day I had the amazing (IMO) idea for a white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake Quest Bar seasonal flavor so I tweeted them up with my proposal. All I got was a "favorite" but I'll remain hopeful LOL. I hope all you Gym Rats get off to a great week of workouts! 'Til next time, happy gymming!

No comments:

Post a Comment