Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sunny Days

Hello everyone! Just a quick early morning check-in here today on this beautiful, SUNNY morning. Ahh how my mood improves about a hundredfold when I’m soaking up the vitamin D. I’m also sipping a delightful ½ French Roast – ½ Wild Mountain Blueberry Green Mountain Coffee. It’s the perfect mix of seasonal flavoring and caffeine jolt.

It’s now week #4 of my new lifting program (rep range week) and I began it on Sunday morning with another biceps-focused workout followed by a LONG paddle around the entire perimeter of Highland Lake in Windham to break in my new kayak.

Let’s just say that after training back on Saturday and having that right rear delt issue still lingering, loading/unloading and paddling against the current for much of the way has made me feel more ancient than ever!  The late hours of my day were spent lying in the sun on my patio with an Aleve in my belly and a margarita in my hands!  I don’t know how many miles I paddled but the lake is 8.5 square miles so I’m sure at least a few. I can’t wait for Thursday to come because that’s when I finally get in to see the Sports Medicine Doc!

Yesterday afternoon one of my siblings graduated from high school so I got up earlier than usual to hit up the gym before work. Being just a tricep training day, I knew I could get it done in under an hour so it was a perfect morning workout. Full disclosure: there was an unusual influx of studs at that hour which totally kept me powering through despite my body not being fully loosened-up and awake yet LOL! My triceps are burning right now (in a good way)! I’m getting a little sick of this P/RR/S routine already so I think after the 6 week mark I may find a new program to follow. Anyone have any recommendations for me to check out? I am hesitant to change things up though when I’m still experiencing DOMS after each workout (i.e. I haven’t plateaud yet). I guess I’ll have to wait and see how I feel in a couple weeks.


Today it’s back to the 5pm grind with shoulders. Despite my delt issue shoulders are still my favorite body part to work. Shapely shoulders totally take a physique from average to smokeshow. Anyway, off to work now. Have a great day all & happy gymming! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment