Sunday, May 3, 2015

Double Chocolate Zucchini Protein Muffins

Good Morning gym rats! It's a beautiful, sunny, non-humid Sunday morning here in Kendall and I have a wonderful recipe to share with you! If you've been following me on Instagram @ariellenicolefit then you probably saw my post about them last night but for all of you who don't have IG I thought I'd share it with you here. 

I've been making a similar recipe in a bundt cake pan for years but have had a craving for muffins lately and wanted to make a healthified version. Here's the recipe I whipped-up last night:

2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c truvia baking blend
2 eggs
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c fat free plain Greek yogurt
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp baking cocoa
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

If using a jumbo muffin tin then cook for 30 minutes at 355 degrees F. Cook for 1 hour if using a bundt cake pan. These jumbo muffins are 439 calories each and macros are 19 g fat, 59 g carbs, and 19 g protein. Clearly they are not a good dieting food but you could make them a lot lighter by simply eliminating the chocolate chips and walnuts or using 1 cup applesauce and eliminating the coconut oil. Be creative! If you make your own version please share below or post it on IG and tag me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment