Monday, April 23, 2012

Plié Pain

Lovely start to the week today. Pouring rain all day and could not keep my eyes open despite having gotten a moderately decent sleep last night. Thank god I had my 5 o'clock gym sesh to look forward to! My second photo shoot went really well yesterday and I have my next one either Friday or Saturday this week. Unfortunately, after 3 hours of posing my legs really took a beating and I was hobbling around the gym/office all day. Luckily we did not do much for plyometrics like I had thought. Instead, I think it was those damn plie squats that did me in! I actually love plie squats but when doing them with weights and raised heels they don't take long to show you how weak your hammies really are!

World's was extremely crowded today due to the lousy weather and it being a Monday but luckily I didn't have any issues getting the equipment I wanted to use. Trying to avoid legs today I started my workout with a light elliptical warm up for 15 mins and followed up with a short back/chest/shoulders routine. First off, I did incline seated bench chest press (12-10-8 rep sets). Since this was using an approx. 45 degree angle bench, it was really a combo half-chest half-shoulders routine. Next, I did bosu ball standing barbell rows (12-10-8 rep sets) for back and lastly, bent-over bench free weight rows (3 sets of 8), also for back. 

Moving on to abs I did two simple moves today. First off I did balancing leg pull-ins on a bench (20-18-16 rep sets) and then I did incline crunches, 2 sets of 20 and then 2 sets of 14, crunching both to the front and sides. I didn't add any weight to these today as the bench was propped up on about 6 risers so it was a good burn the whole way through! That was it for my first workout of the work week. Tomorrow's session will depend on the state of my jell-o legs. If still hobbling around, I'm thinking a good bis/tris workout will be in order!  

No comments:

Post a Comment