Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bulletproof

You know you're in trouble when you start to get sore before you even finish your workout. Got in a full 2 hour legs workout tonight and didn't even look up at the clock once until I happened to notice it was nearly 7:30 and I hadn't started on abs yet. Whoops! I had Pandora going the whole time again. Best invention ever. Of course now I have "Bulletproof" stuck in my head but I can think of worst things. 

To start, I busted through a 20 minute run where I worked up a pretty good sweat. At this rate, maybe I can psyche myself up to attempt 30 minutes this weekend.  After a quickie stretch sesh, I moved on to bosu ball dead lifts. I did a variety of variations here; one legged, two legged, weighted, no weights. I think I did 5 sets of 8 but I lost count at 4 so I really don't know! Next I moved on to the standing glute press machine where I did 3 sets of 8 presses (each leg). I've been wanting to try something new for legs lately and I've never used the Smith Machine before so I gave it a shot. I did 3 sets of 10 squats, 3 sets of 12 calf raises, and lastly 3 sets of 8 lunges.  I'm not sure the Smith is any better than the regular free weight or barbell squats/lunges I usually do but I sure did feel a burn! I actually had to break for a while during my lunges because my left hamstring was threatening to spasm so badly. I could just feel it starting to tear. So not a good feeling! I muscled through it though by taking some weight off and felt great afterward. That's when I noticed how late it had gotten and raced through 4 sets of 20 front and side stability ball crunches and 3 sets of 8 standing weighted side crunches. I'll have to make up for abs tomorrow. Judging by how bad my legs hurt right now, abs may be one of the few things I'll be able to do! 

Seeing as I was in a rush to leave before it became a 3 hour workout, I skipped out on final stretching which I know I am going to pay for tomorrow. Usually the soreness doesn't set in until the next day but I had trouble just walking upstairs when I got home. So much for being bulletproof, tomorrow is going to be a struggle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment