Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Serious Shoulders

Great shoulders workout at World's today! After a frustrating work day where I nearly threw my incompetent laptop through the window on several occasions, I was ready to bust some ass, and the latte I had around 3 gave me an extra caffeinated jolt.

I started with a 20 minute warmup on the eliptical. I really got myself into a sweat from the start which I always find to be a fast stress-buster! I still hate sweating though haha. Eliptical tip: I usually try to alternate 5-10 minutes forward strides with backward strides. Keeps it from getting boring, uses your legs in a different way, and prevents me from getting dizzy when I step off.

To break into my weight sesh I started with a set of pullups. I was able to do 6 versus my usual 4, definitely a positive effect of the caffeine! These were followed with 3 sets of 8 arnold presses standing on the bosu ball, 3 sets of 8 shoulder shrugs also on the bosu, another set of pullups, 3 sets of 8 forward arm raises, and lastly, 3 sets of 8 lateral arm raises. I'm not sure how I managed to get all of that in seeing as much of my 2 hour time slot was spent chatting, or rather being chatted up haha, but somehow I managed!

Moving on to abs, I did 4 sets of 20 stability ball crunches with v-sets in between sets and finally, 4 sets of 8 leg raises (2 sets front and 2 sets side-to-side). I dunno, maybe I was itching to get out of there but I wasn't feeling too creative on the ab front today. It's still ridiculously busy at that time of day and doesn't seem to be letting up in the least. If only it were warmer out so I could attempt an outdoor run. Bring on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment