Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Makes All The Difference

Well, apparently it was a shoulders day the last time I wrote so so much for variety as today I did shoulders as well. I must say though, today's workout was exceptionally good as I found an incredible "pump-me-up" workout play list available on Pandora (I finally purchased an iPhone arm band this weekend) that I had going the whole time. It was called something like "pop and hip hop workout mix" and was filled with the best club songs from my Palache glory days (only some of you will get that). Basically, I was in my own little Candy Shop for an hour and a half haha. I didn't really even realize how hard I was working or how fast I was going because I was too focused on the amazing tunes! I did give myself quite a headache though so perhaps I had it blasting a little too loudly. It sure worked great to help avoid having to talk to the usual creepers though!

I had originally planned to go to Planet today but for some reason when I got off the highway I couldn't help but turn left rather than right onto Marginal Way. I'd like to get the most out of my dual memberships but I really am just not a big fan of Planet. I suppose someone at World's is bound to really irritate me soon enough though and then I'll be more inclined to switch it up!

In keeping with what I had planned to do at Planet, I started my workout with 20 minutes on the arc trainer. Worked up quite a sweat on there and was so pumped up when I was done that I busted out 6 pull ups immediately afterward! Okay, I'll admit my pull ups aren't exactly Rocky quality but at least they are sans assistance! I followed these with 3 sets of 10 stability ball leg lifts, 4 sets of side crunches (20-16-12) on the back extension machine, another sets of 6 pull ups, 3 sets of 8 front arm raises, 3 sets of 8 lateral arms raises, and finally, one last set of 6 pull ups.

After some final stretching I was out the door and headed home in the bitter freezingness that this season has become. Tomorrow is going to be an off day but I'm thinking legs and a run for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment