Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutioner Arrival

Crazy busy at World's today, as expected. For the most part it wasn't a problem as I was able to get my desired front row treadmill and most of the equipment I wanted to use without waiting. I started today's workout with a run and actually made it 20 minutes which felt really good! Tomorrow I'll do the eliptical and then depending on how I feel maybe shoot for 25 on Thursday.

After my run, I moved over to the weight area where I did chest & back. I wasn't feeling too creative so I opted for longer sets and less of a variety of moves. To start I did 4 sets of 10 barbell rows while standing on the bosu ball. Then, I moved on to chest and did 4 sets of 10 incline bench chest flies. Lastly, I did 4 sets of 10 sitting rows on the cables. For abs I started with 4 sets of 20 crunches on the stability ball (2 sets forward and 2 sets side-to-side) and then 6 "60 second" planks (front, right side, left side, repeat).

To finish out my gym session today I ventured over to the stretching mats where I became quite annoyed with the lack of mat space. It was nearly 7pm and the crowd was not clearing out in the slightest. It'll probably continue to be a nightmare for the rest of the month at least. I suppose I could go later in the evening to avoid the after-work crowd but in these frigid temperatures (the wind chill is like -20 F tonight!) once I'm home, I'm not going out again haha

No comments:

Post a Comment