Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Week Success

The first week of the new year has come to an end and I can happily say that despite the crowds, I had pretty good workouts all week long! I've been majorly slacking on my blog posts lately so I apologize. I promise I have not been slacking in the gym though! On Wednesday I had a great legs workout which caused me to have some serious jell-o legs over the past few days. Thursday was a shoulders day and Friday a bi's & tri's day. Today I once again did legs but I did totally different moves than on Wednesday and did some things I hadn't done in a while.

To start, I did a 10 minute run / 5 min cool down on the treadmill. I spent much of today's routine over on the machine side of the gym rather than the free weight area. I started my weight sesh with 3 sets of 12 sitting thigh adductors, then moved on to 3 sets of 12 standing calf raises, and followed these with 3 sets of 12 sitting thigh abductors. My inner and outer thighs should be nice and sore tomorrow which will be good since I won't be able to make it into the gym! Next, I moved back over to the free weight area and did 3 sets of 12 (each side) side crunches on the back extension machine. For my last legs move, I did 3 sets of 12 weighted plie squats. These are definitely my favourite kind of squats! Luckily I was wearing capris instead of my usual booty shorts so the down position wasn't too revealing haha. To finish up, I did 3 sets of "60 second" planks and a bunch of stretches on the mats.

I was probably in and out of the gym in an hour today, much less time than usual, but it still felt like a quality workout. I'm super excited right now because I finally got my ass into the 21st century yesterday and purchased an iPhone. I've been playing around with it all day and found this cool (and free!) app called My Fitness Pal where you can track all of your food & exercise intake/outtake. I don't have a weight goal in mind or anything but I just booked a winter trip down south so I think that tracking my intake will be a major aid in my "South Beach Bikini Diet" that I've decided to embark on haha. Basically all this "diet" is, is to avoid unnecessary sweets so it shouldn't be too difficult. I've made it 4 days so far without indulging :)

Another cool thing I've discovered is that you can use your iPhone as a pedometer and also as a timer. Guess I don't need that exercise watch anymore...just need to find an iPhone arm band!

No comments:

Post a Comment